All dogs, puppies, cats and kittens available for adoption come to us in a variety of ways, but they all have one thing in common: they need loving and permanent homes.
Adoptable Pets at Jessamine County Animal Shelter
$120 ADOPTION FEE for dogs over six months and $150 ADOPTION FEE for puppies under six months includes spay/neuter, microchip, canine license, rabies vaccination, a voucher for a free health exam, bordetella & distemper/parvo vaccinations, deworming treatment, heartworm test, fecal exam and flea & tick treatment.
$60 ADOPTION FEE for cats and kittens includes spay/neuter, microchip, rabies vaccination, and a voucher for a free health exam, FVRCP vaccination, flea treatment, deworming treatment, fecal exam and FIV/FELV test.
Specialty Breed Fee
$200 - $400 Specialty Breed Fee
$100 - $300 Specialty Breed Fee
Important Information Regarding Adoption
- Jessamine County Animal Care & Control believes the canines and felines that are adopted out to be in good health, but does not guarantee the health of any animal or assume any financial responsibility for future veterinary costs.
- When adopting a pet from Jessamine County Animal Care & Control, we expect you to make a lifetime commitment to the care of the animal. If you ever find yourself unable to properly care for this animal, we ask that you make every effort to return the animal to the Jessamine County Animal Care & Control facility.
- While it is our intent to find permanent, loving, stable and responsible homes for all of Jessamine County Animal Care & Control animals, we do reserve the right to refuse any adoption.
- We will make contact with the landlord on your application to ensure that you are allowed to house an animal. If a landlord cannot be reached, the application shall be placed in the application pending file until the information we require can be obtained. Pending applications shall be held no longer than seven (7) days.
- In the event that an individual refuses to provide the required information or gives false information, the application for adoption shall be denied.