Jessamine County Animal Care and Control
We, Jessamine County Animal Care & Control (JCACC), are a group of motivated individuals who strive to serve the public and our local government. We are a public department established by the Jessamine County Fiscal Court in accordance with the Kentucky Revised Statutes. Our staff ranges from certified veterinarian technicians to experienced animal control officers and doesn't stop there; we have a plethora of passionate volunteers and rescue groups working fervently with us to assure that only the best quality service is provided to the animals and people of Jessamine County.
Our mission is to provide services that safeguard the health of the Jessamine County residents, no matter if they are two-legged or four-legged. We humanely house and care for the animals in our charge and make efforts to protect the animals who are not from abuse and neglect. We outreach to the community to inform citizens on responsible ownership and ask that the public report cruelty or stray animals so that we may respond. We also adopt out the many cats and dogs we rescue, so check out our adoption page for available animals if you're looking for a new furry family member!
We rely heavily on the support of the local community to keep all of our animals happy and healthy until they can be adopted. Donations allow us to vaccinate, spay or neuter, feed, socialize, train, and otherwise provide for our animals and their well-being while they are in our charge. Support can be shown in many ways, from good donations to monetary support. For more information on how to support our shelter, from specifics on what items may be donated to or how to sign up to volunteer with the animals, check out the links below.
- to provide services which aid in containing free-roaming animals in order to prevent human injuries and the spread of zoonotic diseases.
- to provide services which help prevent animals from becoming nuisances to the community or a burden to its citizens.
- to provide a physical facility which will house lost, unwanted and neglected animals in a humane manner.
- to provide health care services to those animals housed to prevent suffering.
- to provide comprehensive and responsible adoption counseling and services.
- to provide unwanted, sick or injured animals with humane euthanasia, according them dignity and respect during that act.
- to strive to improve performance through education and dedication to our mission.
- to supply the Fiscal Court with accurate information upon which to base decisions for service level and expansion.
- to create public information and education programs which will assist the members of this community in becoming more responsible pet owners.